27th January - 2nd February
NATION & POLITICS
(1) Which south Indian city will soon have eight cluster cities at a cost of Rs 2,100 crores following approval of the decision by its state cabinet?
(2) Which BJP leader was grilled by cops for over 4 hours this week in association with a case of accumulation of illegal wealth?
(3) Which social scientist has moved to the Supreme Court to prevent possible arrest for his remarks on SCs, STs, OBCs and tribals at the Jaipur Literature Festival?
(4) The Palghar girls - Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Srinivasan were arrested for making 'objectionable' remarks after the death of which politician on a social website?
(5) Who is the Law Minister of India?
(6) To which party does Jaganmohan Reddy belong?
(7) According to a survey who is the most trusted person in India?
(8) Who does the Shiv Sena want to project as the PM candidate of the NDA for the 2014 polls?
L K Advani
(9) Who is the producer of the Jaipur Literature Festival?
(10) A journalist was allegedly molested by a BSF jawan in which of the following metros?
(11) Padmanabha Prassana Kumar is the founder of which political party?
Janata Dal - Secular
Karnataka Janata Party
Badavaru Shramikaru Raitaru
None of the above
(12) Salman Rushdie has accused which CM of asking the state police to block his access into his/her state?
(13) In which country are Pilatus trainer air crafts manufactured?
(14) With which bill is social activist Anna Hazare associated?
Public works Bill
Women's Safety Bill
Women's Reservation Bill
Jan Lok Pal Bill
(15) Which cabinet minister is Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust associated with?
P C Chidambaram
(1) In which country is Timbuktu located?
(2) Which country launched its first satellite this Wednesday?
(3) This country's Finance Minister has said that only $217 were left in the account of his government after paying worker's wages. Which country are we refrring to?
Papua New Guinea
(4) Who is the PM of Australia?
(5) SCAT is a private airline based out of which country?
(6) In which of the following Australian states is Bundaberg located?
New South Wales
(7) Who succeeded Hillary Clinton as the new US Secretary of State?
(8) Ed Koch was the mayor of which US city?
(9) Apart form the New York Times, which US company has accused Chinese hackers of targeting its systems this week?
Wall Street Journal
(10) Name the former US Congresswoman who urged the Senators to curb fire arms in an emotional plea on 31st January.
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
(11) Which US insider trading informant has been sentenced to one year prison term this Thursday?
(12) An American pastor Saeed Abedini has been jailed in X for anti-national activities. Which country does X stand for?
(13) Who is the American journalist cum historian who died this week?
(14) Which Russian city was formally known as Stalingrad?
(15) Which country's state owned oil firm is Pemex?
(16) Which country does Paruyr Hayrikyan belong to?
(17) Which King of Cambodia died in October last year?
(18) The Falkland Wars were fought between the UK and which country?
(19) Ivica Dacic is the Prime Minister of which country?
Bosnia and Hergzegovina
(20) A chemical leak in which South Korean electronics company has killed one person?
(21) Black and white mosaic sidewalks are the symbol of which South American city?
Rio de Janeiro
(22) Officials in an African country have arrested 10 Indians for allegedly stealing oil. Which country are we referring to?
(23) Santa Maria is located in which of the following countries?
(24) Land slides in which Indonesian island is said to have killed over 10 people?
(25) Who is the PM of Japan?
(26) Taiwanese tycoon and Ruentex group's Samuel Yin announced the establishment of an international award this week. After which dynasty is the award named?
(27) Give the full form of IMF.
International Military Fund
International Monetary Fund
International Machinery Fund
International Mitigation Fund
(28) Which futuristic plane was unveiled by Iran this week?
Qaher (Conqueror) F-113
Qaher (Conqueror) F-213
Qaher (Conqueror) F-313
Qaher (Conqueror) F-413
(29) Who is last PM of Jordan appointed by the Kings?
Awn Shakat Al-Khasawneh
(30) Who amongst the following was appointed as the second Vice President of Saudi Arabia?
Moqren bin Adul Aziz
Salman bin Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz bin Saud
Nayef bin Abdul Aziz
(31) A suicide bombing near the US embassy of which country killed 2 people on 31st January?
(32) Who is the Chief Executive of the Executive Council of Hong Kong?
Leung Chun Ying
Tung Chee Hwa
(33) Who was appointed as the governor of Tibet this week?
(34) On which river is China constructing three more dams as a part of the 12th Five Year plan much to the displeasure of India?
(35) The Queen of which country has announced that she will abdicate her throne in the favour of her son?
(36) Who is the founder of WikiLeaks?
(37) Which of the following countries does not have any rules about how babies are named?
(38) Name the Pakistani girl who has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
(39) Swedish authorities have ordered retrial into the 'murders' of which alleged serial killer?
(40) Myanmar has rapped which country for referring to it as Burma?
(41) Who is the founder of the Myanmarese army?
Aung San Suu Kyi
(42) The US is planning to bring in a fresh resolution to the United Nations Human Rights Council for war crimes during the civil war?
(43) Argentine President Cristina Kirchner has agreed into an agreement with which country to investigate into the 1994 bomb blasts at a Jewish centre in Buenos Aires?
(44) Which of the languages does not figure in the top six languages spoken in Britain?
(45) Name the Indian nurse who was found dead three days after two Australian RJs posing as members of the Royal family called her to inquire about princess Kate.
(46) The Shard, Western Europe's tallest building is located in which city?
(47) Who resigned as the director of the US Secret Service this week?
Lewis C Merletti
Brian L Stafford
W Ralph Basham
(48) To which country has Pakistan agreed to transfer the Gwadar port?
(49) Who had filed a petition in a Pakistani court against US drone strikes?
Lakir ur-Rehman Nakvi
(1) Name the golfer who has admitted to the use of a spray containing Insulin-like growth hormone banned by the PGA.
(2) Which French club did Englishman David Beckham join this week?
Paris Saint Germaine
(3) Against which country has Thirush Kamini scored her maiden ODI century?
(4) Which of the following cyclist has agree to doping in a press conference held this week?
(5) Former Aussie cricketer Darren Lehman has been appointed the coach of which IPL side?
Kings XI Punjab
Kolkata Knight Riders
(6) Which Australian bowler took a five wicket haul in the first ODI game against the West Indies at Perth?
(7) Which South African player is playing his 100th Test as a captain against Pakistan this week?
A B de Villiers
(8) Who is the owner of India Cements?
(9) Vishesh Bhriguvanshi is associated with which sports?
(10) With which English club is Italian footballer Mario Balotelli associated with?
(11) What is the venue of the 2014 Commonwealth Games?
(12) Which former Australian legend has called Cricket Australia bosses as 'muppets'?
(13) Who will soon become the first 'foreign player' to play for India in international football?
Pierre Djidija Douhou
(14) How many career crowns has golfer Tiger Woods won?
(15) Which is the first sports team to be valued over $3 billion?
Indian Cricket Team
(1) Roshni Nadar is the CEO of which IT major?
(2) Which internet based fashion and lifestyle e-commerce portal store has bought one of its rivals Inkfruit?
(3) Which is the largest mobile phone company in India?
(1) Which Bollywood actor was involved in a hit and run case in 2002?
Shah Rukh Khan
(2) Who is the lead actress in the movie Hansel and Gretel?
(3) Pakistani minister Rehman Malik has asked which Bollywood actor to shift to his country if he feels unsafe in India?
Shah Rukh Khan
(1) Nasa commemorated the loss of which space shuttle this Friday?
Soyuz - 1
(2) How old is New York's Grand Central rail station?
(3) In which continent is Lake Willhans located?