THE AGELESS WONDER AT THE GRAND SLAMS
|Original: Sports Pulse|
(1) Leander Paes won his 14th Grand Slam last week when he and his partner Radek Stepanek beat the pair of Peya & Soares last week at the US Open. In which year did he win his first grand slam and who was his partner?
1997 & Martin Damm
1998 & Lukas Dlouhy
1999 & Mahesh Bhupathi
2000 & David Riki
(2) When was the last time that Paes did not feature in the finals of any grand slam in a calendar year in both Doubles and Mixed Doubles categories?
(3) In terms of numbers, which has been Leander's most successful grand slam in Men's Doubles category?
(4) When was the only time that Paes met his former partner and fellow Indian Mahesh Bhupathi in the finals of a Men's grand slam tournament?
US Open 2007
US Open 2008
US Open 2009
US Open 2010
(5) How many times has Leander faced the pair of Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in the finals of grand slams?
(6) Apart from Mahesh, Paes has played in the finals of grand slams with four other partners, namely David Riki, Martin Damm, Lukas Dlouhy and Radek Stepanek. To which country do these guys belong to?
(7) Name the former Women's No 1 with whom Paes has won two Mixed Doubles titles.
Billie Jean King
(8) Who has been Leander's most successful female partner in grand slams?
(9) Apart from two Men's Doubles trophies, Paes also won a Mixed Doubles title in the year 1999 at the Wimbeldon. Who was his partner here?
(10) Which is the only grand slam which Leander Paes has not won in the Mixed Doubles category?