3rd March - 9th March
NATION & POLITICS
(1) A group of doctors led by Dr Deborah Persaud claimed to have cured an infant of a deadly disease. Which disease are we referring to?
(2) According to the UK magazine Times Higher Education, which is India's top education institute?
IIT - Bombay
IIM - Bangalore
IISc - Bangalore
IIT - Kanpur
(3) Irom Sharmila hails from which Indian state?
(4) The Changtang plateau in the Ladak region is home to which of the following species of goat?
(5) Name the MLA from Uttar Pradesh who resigned as the Food and Supplies Minister from the state cabinet who resigned after being accused in the murder of the police officer Zia ul Haq.
Ram Gopal Yadav
Raghuraj Pratap Singh
(6) Which is the helpline number for complaints related to rations via the fair price shops?
(7) Which constituency does Varun Gandhi represent in the Lok Sabha?
(8) Which of the following Indian institutes is reportedly building the world's largest magnet?
(9) Atleast two naval personnel were killed when their helicopter crashed near Vishakapattnam on Tuesday. Which chopper were they travelling in?
Light Combat Helicopter
(10) Give the full form of ICDS.
Integrated Cereal Distribution Scheme
Integrated Cultural Diversity Scheme
Integrated Child Development Scheme
Integrated Commercial Disinvestment Scheme
(11) Who is the CM of Meghalaya?
Pavan Kumar Chamling
(12) Which party does Jammu Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah belong to?
People's Democratic Party
Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front
(13) Which Trinamool MP has resigned as an advisor to the West Bengal industry ministry over differences with Mamata Bannerjee?
(14) Which Indian minister will hold a dinner for the Pakistani PM when he visits India?
A K Anthony
Sushil Kumar Shinde
P C Chidambaram
(1) How many Indians are in the race for the Nobel Peace Prize?
(2) Which African country voted to elect its President on Monday?
(3) Keith O'Brien was the highest Roman Catholic priest of which country?
(4) Two former officials of an Afghan bank were indited by a court on charges of corruption. Which bank are we referring to?
Afghanistan International Bank
(5) Who was the PM of Japan during most of the second World War?
(6) Who is the PM of Maldives?
Mohammed Waheed Hussain Manik
Muamoon Abdul Gayoom
(7) A former European Head of State was sentenced to a year in jailed over a case relating to a wire leak?
(8) Against which country did the UN Security Council impose new tougher sanctions this week?
(9) Forces loyal to Jamalul Kiram III is the self proclaimed Sultan of Sulu province of Philippines clashed with the policemen of which country on the island of Borneo?
(1) Name the nation that has agreed to look into the concerns raised by India regarding double taxation.
Sao Tome and Principe
(2) Which of the following families owns a stake in the Takshashila Hospitals?
(3) P C Menon is the founder of which construction firm?
(1) Who amongst the following was named as the ambassador of Chinese Super League football tournament?
(2) Who scored two goals in India's victory over Guam in the second match of the AFC Challenge Cup?
Jewel Raja Shaikh
None of the above
(3) Which Australian bowler was named as the mentor of the IPL team KKR?
(4) What was India's rank in the recently concluded women's wrestling world cup?
(5) Who is India's most successful Test captain?
Tiger Ali Pataudi
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(6) Who scored the lone goal in the Man City versus Aston Villa tie this week?
(7) What is Parupalli Kashyap's latest Badminton World Federation rankings released this Thursday?
(8) The name of Pavel Smirnov has been recommended to the SAI for coaching the Indian side in which sporting discipline?
(9) To which Union Territory does ace cyclist Deborah belong?
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(10) Which Indian batsman was dropped from the team for the last two matches against Australia?
(11) Former Pakistani speedster Waqar Younis has joined which IPL side as their coach?
Chennai Super Kings
Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Nation & Politics||14|