20th JANUARY - 26th JANUARY
NATION & POLITICS
(1) Who was elected as the new president of the BJP on Wednesday?
(2) Who is the chief of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM)?
Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi
Abdul Wahed Owaisis
(3) Which amongst the following is the all India Women helpline number launched by the government?
(4) Which Pakistan based terrorist has said that Home Minister's remark on 'Hindu terror' has exonerated his organization, the LeT of all criminal activity of India?
Zakir-ur Rehman Lakwi
(5) In one of its verdict, the Supreme Court has banned the entry of tourists into the habitat of which of the following tribes found in the islands of Andaman and Nicobar?
(6) Which leader merged his party into the BJP on 21st January?
K N Govindacharya
(7) Who has officially taken over as the chief of the Shiv Sena this week?
Bindu Mahdev Thackeray
(8) 74% of the MLAs in a state assembly in India are crorepatis. Which state are we referring to?
(9) Which Indian minister visited Myanmar this week?
Sushil Kumar Shinde
A K Anthony
(10) Who is the Chief Justice of India?
Y K Sabarwal
K G Balakrishnan
S H Kapadia
(11) Which of the following CMs threatened to beat up the PM for not doing anything to solve his/her state's financial troubles?
(12) Who was appointed as the new Vice President of the Congress at the Jaipur Chintan Shivir?
(13) Who is the Home Minister of India?
L K Advani
Sushil Kumar Shinde
(14) Which of the following CMs has written to Heads of all Panchayats in his state asking them to stop crimes against women?
(15) Pranab Mukherji has cited this leader's 1938 speech as the president of the Congress as his inspiration for the speech he made after he became the President of India. Which leader did he refer to?
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
(16) In which district did policemen gun down 6 naxals?
(17) Name the former Haryana CM who was sentenced to 10 years jail term by a special CBI court.
Om Prakash Chautala
(18) Gopal Bhargav is a minister in the cabinet of which Indian state?
(19) Give the full form of IM.
(20) Sanjay Singh, the Inspector General of Police (IGP) of which Indian state was transferred for allowing a foreign lady to drive his official car?
(21) Who is the sole winner of the Kirti Chakra this year?
Naik Kishan Kumar
Major Manish Punj
Major Anup Joseph Manjali
Lt-Commander Inderjit Singh
(22) Who is the Speaker of the Karnataka assembly?
K G Bopaiah
S M Krishna
D B Chandre Gowda
(1) How many militants were killed in the Ain Amenas gas complex in Algeria?
(2) Around 8 suspected Al Qaeda members were killed in drone attacks by the US armed forces on 19th January. In which country did this country occur?
(3) Who is the President of Columbia?
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner
Juan Manuel Santos
(4) Name the African city off the coast of which a 5,000 tons oil tanker was hijacked by pirates.
(5) Which south east Asian country was hit by a 5.9 magnitude earthquake on 22nd January?
Papua New Guinea
(6) Charles Taylor is the former President of which country?
(7) By what name is DPRK more commonly known as?
(8) Who is the present King of Thailand?
(9) Which of the following countries has shut down its embassy in Mali?
(10) Who is the leader of the Israeli political party Yesh Atid (There is Future)?
(11) Which Arab leader has opposed French intervention in Mali?
(12) Name the British prince who has returned back home after a 20 week stint in Afghanistan.
(13) Which European leader has promised to hold a referendum in 2017 allowing Britons to choose whether to stay a part of the European Union or not, provided he comes back to power?
(14) Which country's war crimes court has sentences televangelist Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to death this Monday?
(15) Who is the President of Myanmar?
James Lum Dau
Aung San Suu Kyi
(16) Whom did Barrack Obama beat to be re-elected to the White House?
(17) Which party does the Pakistani President Zardari head?
Pakistan Muslim league (Nawaz)
Pakistan People's Party
(18) Hanako - the elephant is associated with which zoo?
(19) In which German state did Chancellor Merkel's party suffer a shock defeat?
(20) Which African country witnessed massive floods this week?
(21) Prison riots in which South American country left 50 dead?
(22) UN security Council has approved the use of surveillance drones over the eastern part of which central African country?
Central African Republic
(23) In which country is the Rakwena Crocodile Farm located?
(24) Name the Egyptian city that witnessed riots after a football match killing 74 people last year.
(25) Which of the following is the air freighter that was successfully tested by China this week?
(26) What did the Pope Benedict refer to as the 'portals of truth and faith' in the new age?
Social Networking Sites
(27) Which university has planned a global vigil Sunday from students from India and Pakistan?
(28) Which university has planned a global vigil Sunday from students from India and Pakistan?
(29) In which terrorist act is David Coleman Headley convicted for?
1993 serial bomb blasts
(30) Who is the governor of New Jersey?
(1) Which is first fourth tier side to reach the finals of a major English domestic cup in 51 years?
(2) Which former captain of the Indian cricket team has confirmed to play for the Marleybone Cricket Club (MCC) in a Twenty20 tournament?
(3) Which IPL team has Indian domestic bowler Ishwar Pandey joined?
Pune Warriors India
Royal Challengers Bangalore
(4) Which country's cricket team has earned its first series victory against the Protears in South Africa this week?
(5) Who scored a ton to help Australia level the ODI series against Sri Lanka in the fifth match?
(6) Which of the following sportsperson has not joined the Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) this week?
K T Irfan
(7) Who paired with Chinese Taipei player Su-Wei Hsieh in the mixed doubles of the Australian Open this year?
(8) Who has been roped in as the new mentor of the IPL team Mumbai Indians?
(9) Which team did Mumbai beat to reach the finals of the Ranji trophy?
(10) Name the captain of the I League team Mohan Bagan.
(11) Which Aussie player has made a comeback in the national T20 side for the series against Sri Lanka?
(12) Which of the following team will play its first Ranji finals since 1937-38?
(13) Which Indian city hosted the 10th Standard Charated Marathon this week?
(14) Who amongst the following is the captain of the South African cricket team for ODIs?
Faf Du Plesis
A B DeVilliers
(15) Which former player was dropped from the post of batting consultant to the national side of Pakistan?
(16) Who was the match referee for the fourth ODI between Australia and Sri Lanka?
(17) Against which team did Barcelona lose its first Spanish League match this season?
(18) Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff have become investors of which F company?
(19) Name the Chelsea defender who has renewed his contract for one year with the club.
Mikel John Obi
(20) How many goals were scored in the HIL game between Delhi Waveriders and Mumbai Magicians held this Monday?
(21) Which team did Tirmulsetti Suman play for in IPL 5?
Pune Warriors India
(22) Apart from Rahul Dravid, who is the other choice of the Sports ministry for the prestigious Padma Bhushan award this year?
V V S Laxman
(23) Which country does Ronaldinho represent in football?
(24) Who has been signed by Manchester United as a new player this season?
(25) Which Chelsea player kicked a ball boy in the semi final match against Swansea City?
(26) Who has been appointed as the new coach of Rajasthan Royals?
(27) Who won the Australian Open in the Women's category?
(28) How many Grand Slams have the Bryan brothers won together?
(29) Dahlan Al Hamad who had decided to contest the elections to the post of the president of the Asian Athletics Association (AAA) belongs to which country?
(1) Which bank is M G Sanghvi the Managing Director of?
(2) According to the International Budget Partnership (IBP) what is India's rank as far as budget transparency practices are concerned?
(3) According to Tholons, which is the top IT destination in the world?
(4) The Dhingras are the chief promoters of which brand of paints?
(5) Consin Info Pvt Ltd own which online match making website?
(6) Which is Japan's largest airline?
All Nippon Airways
Fuji Dream Airlines
New Central Airlines
(7) Which Indian has been appointed to the US Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)?
Kiran Majumdar Shaw
(8) Which industrialist was given the Padma Bhushan this year?
Kumar Mangalam Birla
(9) According to Hamburg based Jet Airline Crash Data Evaluation Center (JACDEC), what is Air India's rank in the 60 airlines surveyed across the world?
(1) Name the movie whose lines have been twisted and some scenes deleted in China.
Twilight - Breaking Dawn 2
Life of Pi
Abrahim Lincoln - Vampire Slayer
(2) Veteran presenter Stuart Hall worked for which TV corporation?
(3) Which international pop star has named her son Milan?
(4) Which movie won the award category for the Best Movie at this year's Filmfare?
(5) Who plays Julian Assange's role in the movie 'The Fifth Estate'?
(6) Which actress has been awarded the Padma Shri this year?
(7) Who is the author of the book 'The Midnight's Children'?
(8) Which of the actresses is to a part of the movie Race 2 which hit the theatres this week?
(9) Who has been awarded the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature for 2013?
(1) After which singer is a new species of spider discovered in the Joshua National Park named?
(2) In which Indian city did stray dogs kill 31 endangered black bucks due to negligence of authorities?
(3) Name the new website launched by Kim Dotcom.
(4) Miniature cameras attached to this species of Penguins by a Japanese researcher has revealed more information about their hunting skills. Which species are we referring to?