6TH JANUARY - 12 JANUARY
NATION & POLITICS
(1) Name the NDA leader who has called Mohan Bhagwat's remark on marriages as "shallow".
Parkash Singh Badal
(2) Who is M M Pallam Raju?
He is the Union Minister for Sports.
He is the Union Minister for Human Resource Development.
He is the Union Minister for Telecom.
He is the Union Minister for Aviation.
(3) Which district in West Bengal reported clashes between TMC and CPM workers this Tuesday?
South 24 Pargana
North 24 Pargana
(4) Who is the chief of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)?
Bindu Madhav Thackeray
(5) The assassins of which former PM were honoured by the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandak Committeee (SGPC) on Sunday?
Lal Bahadur Shastri
(6) This party withdrew its support to the BJP led Jharkhand government reducing it to a minority. Which party are we taking about?
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM)
All Jharkhand Student Union (AJSU)
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM)
Janata Dal (United)
(7) Which of the following God-man has stirred a controversy for suggesting that the Delhi gang rape victim was responsible for the whole incident as much as her rapists?
Sri Sri Ravishanker
(8) Name the prestigious technical institute that has increased its annual fees by Rs. 40000.
Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc)
All Indian Institute of Medical Institute (AIMS)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
(9) The Delhi High Court has ordered daily hearing of paternity case against a former CM. Whom are we referring to?
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
N D Tiwari
B C Khanduri
Bhagat Singh Koshiyari
(10) Which south Indian city is hosting the 11th Bharatiya Pravasi Divas?
(11) A girl tried to commit suicide in the presence of the CM of her state when he was attending the function - Janta ki Darbar mein Mukya Mantri. In which state did this incident take place?
(12) Which of the following mobile manufacturer is under the scanner of the Income Tax department for tax evasion?
(13) A regiment of the Pakistani army raided an Indian check post in Jammu & Kashmir and killed two jawans. In which sector did this clash took place?
(14) Against which Congress spokesperson has TV actor and BJP leader Smriti Irani filed a defamation suit in a Delhi Court?
Abhisek Manu Singhvi
(15) Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth hundreds of crores allegedly belonging to a political leader in South India?
B S Yeddyurappa
(16) Who inaugurated GIFT - Gujarat International Finance Tec-City?
Shankar Singh Vaghela
Lal Krishna Advani
(17) Which of the former DGP of Karnataka got temporary relief when his plea against a High Court order was allowed by the Supreme Court?
A R Infant
Shankar M Bidari
(18) Who is the Union Secretary for Water Resource?
Vinod Kumar Duggal
Dhurv Vijay Singh
Ramaswamy R Iyer
(19) Who is the governor of West Bengal?
H R Bharadwaj
M K Narayanan
(20) A girder collapse killed one construction worker at a metro site in a southern metro. Which city are we referring to?
(21) Which central armed police force lost 10 of its men in a Naxal attack in Latehar district of Jharkhand?
Central industrial Security Force (CISF)
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
Special Frontier Force (SFF)
National Security Guards (NSG)
(22) With which of the following country were border talks held in New Delhi?
(23) Name the veteran politician who joined the National People's Party on 6th January.
V C Shukla
P A Sangma
(24) Who amongst the following is the main accused in the 2008 Bangalore blasts?
Abdul Naseer Madani
(25) Which of the following central armed forces was given the job of guarding 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab?
Border Security Force (BSF)
Sashasthra Seema Bal (SSB)
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
Special Protection Group (SPG)
(26) Which Union Territory has made overcoat compulsory for girls?
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Daman and Diu
(27) A fire at an Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) terminal resulted in the death of 3 people. Which place are we referring to?
(28) Which former Army general has accused the UPA government of planting spy bugs in his house?
V K Singh
Niraml Chander Vij
Joginder Jaswangt Singh
Asif Ali Zardari
(2) An ex American commander in Afghanistan has claimed in his memoirs that relations between the Pentagon and the White House have turned sour after Obama came to power. Name him.
(3) Which country mentioned below is not amongst the top five nations dubbed as the hub of illegal migrants in the UK?
(4) According to the Global Language Survey, which is the top name of the year 2012?
(6) Which of the following South Asian country's lawmakers voted to impeach the Chief Justice?
(7) Rabbi Ovadia Yosef is the chief spiritual advisor of which Israeli political party?
(8) Name the secret operation in which the Scotland Yards recovered artifacts bearing images of Hindu Gods across London.
(9) According to reports, which airbase in Northern Syria has been captured by the rebels fighting the government headed by Bashar al-Assad on 11th January?
(10) Who is the President of Israel?
(11) The Head of the State of which of the following countries appointed around 20 per cent women to the consultative Shura Council?
United Arab Emirates
(12) Which communist leader marked his birthday by sending a kg of candy to every child in his country?
Truong Tan Sang
(13) Which of the following countries witnessed wildfires throughout this week?
(14) Halimah Yacob is the first woman Speaker of which country?
(15) Name the African country that has signed a peace accord with the Seleka rebels.
Central African Republic
(16) Give the full form of FARC.
Revolutionary Armed Forces of China
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Cambodia
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Congo
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
(17) Which Somalian city did French commando forces attack this week to rescue a hostage?
(18) In which country is Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez recovering from complexities resulting from a cancer surgery?
(19) In which European city were three Kurdish women shot dead this week?
(20) Chinese authorities sent 2 J-10 fighters to East China Sea after one of its Y-8 aircraft was closely scouted by F-15 fighters of another country. Name that country.
(21) Militant sect Laskar e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and separatist group United Baluch Army have claimed responsibility for separate blasts in a Pakistani city. Which city are we referring to?
(1) Who won the ATP Chennai Open 2013 on Sunday?
Roberto Bautists Agut
(2) Who was declared as the Man of the Match in the 3rd ODI between India and Pakistan?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(3) Who is the only Australian to score an ODI hundred on debut?
(4) Which of the following South African batsmen did not score a ton in the first innings of the second test against Kiwis?
Faf du Plessis
(5) Name the Aussie cricketer who retired from the longer format of the game after the Test series against Sri Lanka.
(6) Which English player has signed a full contract with the ECB?
(7) Sharne Warne was involved in an ugly confrontation with which West Indian player during a Big Bash T20 match?
(8) Which team beat Karnataka to enter the semi finals of the Ranji Trophy?
(9) Which Real Madrid defender has been banned for 5 matches for hurling abuses at the referee and his assistant?
Sergio Ramos Garcia
Alvaro Arbeloa Coca
(10) Which country will host the latest edition of Africa Cup of Nations football tournament?
(11) Against which country has the AITA selected a second string side for the next Davis Cup tie following revolt by players?
(12) Which footballer won the Ballon D'Or this year?
Robin Van Persie
(1) Which of the following film industries observed a day long fast this Monday to protest against service tax imposed by the Centre?
(2) Which Hollywood actor has announced that he is visiting China via Weibo - the Chinese version of Twitter?
(3) A southern superstar has complained that he is getting threats ahead of the release of his movie on 11th January. Who are we referring to?
(4) Who is the director of the Bollywood movie Matru ke Bijlee ka Mandola?
Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra
(5) Name the British TV icon who police claimed on Friday had abused hundreds of people under the pretext of charity.
Sir Jimmy Savile
(1) According to the data released by the RBI, by how much has India's forex reserves declined for the week ending 4th January?
$ 0.5 billion
$ 1.5 billion
$ 2.5 billion
$ 3.5 billion
(2) This country's Parliament has approved a new tax legislation to boost by $ 3 billion. Name it.
(3) Which of the following is not amongst the private entities looking to pick up a stake in Rs. 300 crore Ratnakar bank?
Aditya Birla Private Equity
Bank of America
Norwest Ventures Partners
(4) According to a report by Heritage Foundation, what is India's rank on economic freedom in the world?
(5) Name the airline that announced a special rate of Rs. 2013 for all routes on its domestic network on Friday?
(6) Which of the following group has agreed to invest Rs. 14,000 crore in Gujarat's port and water related sectors?
(7) From which private Indian bank is Australian Company Perdaman Chemicals and Fertilizers seeking $ 3.7 billion in a coal case?
(1) According to a UK based dating website on which date of the year do most illicit affairs start?
(2) Nasa's spacecraft Curiosity is collecting data about which heavenly body?
(3) What is Sulcavis geeorum?
A newly discovered species of early cats.
A newly discovered species of early primates.
A newly discovered species of early birds.
A newly discovered species of early butterflies.